Download scientific peer-reviewed research that illustrates how CRNAs consistently deliver safe, high-quality, cost-effective anesthesia care in today’s ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Scope of Practice Laws and Anesthesia Complications: No Measurable Impact of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Expanded Scope of Practice on Anesthesia-related Complications
- Geographical Imbalance of Anesthesia Providers and its Impact On the Uninsured and Vulnerable Populations
JOURNAL FOR HEALTHCARE QUALITY
- Complication Rates for Fluoroscopic Guided Interlaminar Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injections Performed by Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists in Diverse Practice Settings
- No Harm Found When Nurse Anesthetists Work Without Supervision by Physicians, Dulisse B. Cromwell J. (2010), Health Affairs, 29:1469-1475.
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis of Anesthesia Providers, Nursing Economic$, Hogan P, Seifert R, Moore C, Simonson B. (2010). 28, 3:159-169.
- Anesthesia Staffing and Anesthetic Complications During Cesarean Delivery, Simonson D, Ahern M, Hendry M. (2007), Nursing Research, 56, 9-17.
HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCH
- Anesthesia Provider Model, Hospital Resources and Maternal Outcomes, Needleman J, Minnick AF (2009), Health Services Research, 44(Part I)464-82.
- Surgical Mortality and Type of Anesthesia Provider, Pine M, Holt KD, Lou YB, (2003), AANA Journal, 71:109-116.
- Studies Support Removing CRNA Supervision Rule to Maximize Anesthesia Workforce and Ensure Patient Access to Care, Jordan L. (2011). AANA Journal 79(2): 101-104.
INSTITUTE OF MEDICINE
- The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. (2010), Report Brief.
- Assessment of Recent Graduates Preparedness for Entry into Practice, Cook K, Marienau M, Wildgust B, Gerbasi F, Watkins J. (2013), AANA Journal, 81(5): 341-345.
THE COCHRANE LIBRARY
- Physician Anaesthetists Versus Non-Physician Providers of Anesthesia for Surgical Patients, Lewis SR, Nicholson A, Smith AF, Alderson P. (2014). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD010357. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010357.pub2.